Tuesday 4 January 2022

THE BLOG THAT WOULDN'T DIE

A few weeks ago I tried to comply with the Google move to unification of services.  I did not realise that this would become a task more suited to Superman running a gauntlet of trials more usually faced by Indiana Jones.  All I wanted to do was comply with their unification of services policy.  All I achieved was to shatter my nervous system and turn into a grumpy old man!

In following the "simple" process I managed to lose all of my email and messenger services, lose access to my blog, lose control of my blog and lose my entire list of contacts.  And lose my temper - big style!  

Using the recovery process totally failed to recover anything - Google just kept telling me that they could not be sure the blog was mine.  That meant 15 years worth of research and 13 years worth of blog entries were just about to go down the Suwannee - even though I correctly answered the Security question.

The big problem was that Google's recovery process is entirely automated and human contact is impossible.  That will never change.  So I urge you all to make hard copies of everything you are researching.  Fortunately I practised what I am now preaching and I have finally been able to recover this blog

5 comments:

Piotr H. said...

Welcome back Neville! I'm glad to see your next post.

Unknown said...

I am glad that you managed to recover your blog, it is very important, I am very pleased that you are looking for information about Poles fighting in 304 Squadron, I am Czesław Sokołowski's granddaughter, serian no 784225

ARCHIVE said...

Please contact me by Messenger or on nevillebougourd@gmail.com I would like to talk to you about Czeslaw Sokolowski

Anonymous said...

hiya i am jozef nilski son in law i am marred is daugther try get info for bout her father woukd plz help me

ARCHIVE said...

I have already responded to your contact