Friday 6 November 2020

VOTE OF CONFIDENCE

I would like to express my thanks for your support to those of you who read this blog.  Tonight it has received its 250,000th hit and the audience has now spread over 148 different countries and territories and that makes all the hard work worthwhile.

A more detailed analysis of the spread of hits shows the following list of the top 10 countries represented in these viewing figures - in total, more than 80% of hits come from these sources.

United States

   65,988

United Kingdom

   60,014

Poland

   28,999

Germany

   15,109

France

   10,914

Russia

   7,729

Canada

   6,703

Ukraine

   3,474

Australia

   3,100

Ireland

   1,869


2 comments:

Alan said...

Thank you for your commitment to recording the personal sacrifices of Polish airmen during the war. Sadly they did not receive the respect they deserve until now and few, if any, are still alive to know there are people, like yourself, who understand. The Poles were treated shabbily after the war and your blog goes a little way to redress that.

ARCHIVE said...

Thank you. Like my father before me, I have great respect for the Poles who fought with us during WW2. I started this blog to tell their stories and I will keep going as long as I can. Sometimes I am aware of a particular airman but I have no information on him. If someone contacts me with a little information (to give me a starting point) I can usually build up a story which is both interesting and acts as a permanent memorial to that man. I appreciate your comments.